Cambridge Language Certificate and its Benefits
Cambridge ESOL is, of course, the most prominent and commonly used international English test. Learn why and how students need to acquire the international Cambridge certificate in this blog article.
The Cambridge ESOL exam program, which stands for English for Speakers of Other Languages, is operated by the prestigious University of Cambridge, specifically its commercial branch, which was created specifically for worldwide accreditation.
The purpose of testing is to determine the English proficiency of non-native speakers, including children and adults. Furthermore, the system has five levels, some of which are divided even more precisely, namely:
- Young Learners – a test for children in three age groups (Starters, Movers, and Flyers, ages 7, 8-11, and 9-12, respectively);
- General English – a collection of examinations that assess general language skills (levels KET, PET, FCE, CAE, CPE – from beginner to fluent);
- Exams for Schools – tests for students;
- Professional English – business and legal professional English
- Academic English – academic language.
Cambridge ESOL – international exams, based on the European level scale and are held in 135 countries. To receive such a certificate means to receive an assessment of language proficiency by an authoritative commission.
There are several motivations to participate in testing, including:
- confirmation of current English competence that is credible and authentic;
- adequate experience in acclimating to the real test environment;
- playing a beneficial influence in university admissions, especially Russian institutions (for example, since 2013, the results of international exams are taken into account at St. Petersburg State University).
An test of this nature necessitates meticulous preparation. Even if the kid is studying in a specialized school with a language leaning or has a personal tutor, you will not be able to pass it without enough preparation. Cambridge ESOL is divided into three sections, each of which requires the ability to hear speech, grasp what is heard, and express yourself in writing.
CIS International School offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance for parents who desire their children to speak English as fluently as if it were their first language. CIS, which allows students to obtain a Cambridge certificate without having to leave the country or stopping their Russian studies.